TAXISnet RegistrationThe TAXISnet online system will enable you to:
- file in and send electronically your tax return to the Cyprus Inland Revenue Department (IRD)
- go back to tax return you have already started
- review and print previously submitted returns
- check the status of your tax return
Why you should registerRecent amendments to the Cyprus Income Tax issued by the IRD, state that as of the tax year 2017, Income Tax Returns for individuals are accepted only electronically.
Who can register for TAXISnetIndividuals who have already filed their application with the IRD using form TD.2001 (former IR.163) and have obtained a Tax Identification Code (TIC).
What tax return can be submittedAt present the following returns can be filed electronically:
- TD.1 (former IR.1) for employees and pensioners
- TD.1 (former IR1.SE) for self-employed
- IR.7 for employers (individuals)
How to apply for TAXISnet assessTo apply for TAXISnet, you should submit, in-person, the application form IR.66 together with a copy of your ID (both sides) or passport. Note: You will need to present the identity document when submitting the application.
Where I sould submit my TAXISnet applicationYou can hand your application to the Management of Returns Section of the IRD in your district or at the TAXISnet office.
What information is required in the TAXISnet application form?1. Tax Identification Code (TIC)
2. Full name
6. Selection of what tax return will be filed online
Tax accountants / advisorsOnce you are registered with TAXISnet you can authorise your tax accountant or advisor to submit your tax returns online. Complete form IR.67 or use the TAXISnet online authorization form.
Using TAXISnet for the first time?Although the TAXISnet returns closely resemble the paper format of the same, we strongly recommend that you seek help and guidance from your tax accountant or advisor at least for your first return.
Online registration and authorisation for TAXISnetProvided you are registered with the IRD and have received at least one "Notice of Assessment" (TD.8) you can register or give authorisation for TAXISnet online. For the correct electronic application, you should provide the following details:
- Tax Identification Code (TIC): a 9-digit number followed by 1 capital Latin letter
- Date of birth: date as filed and recorded by the IRD in the format DD/MM/YYYY
- Year of assessment: year of the "Notice of Assessment" in the format YYYY
- Notice Reference Number: a 12-digit number of the "Notice of Assessment"
- Tax amount: the amount of tax corresponding to the "Notice of Assessment" in a format using comma (,) decimal separator and omitting thousands mark. Payable tax is positive (+) and refundable, negative (-)